A cheap Seattle “dinner cruise” for a family of 5 for only $31!!! If you are in the Seattle area or planning a vacation there you should seriously consider doing this! We had the best time. The food was fantastic, the views amazing, and the kids loved it.
Traveling with kids can be expensive, that’s why I am on a mission to find creative ways to give my kids the time of their lives without breaking the bank. My hope for this website is to pass some of those ideas on so you can too!
Here is what to do!
- #1 Head to the waterfront and park near Ye Olde Curiosity Shop.
- #2 Go to The Alaskan Sourdough Bread Company and buy a big loaf of bread. Be sure to have them slice it for you.
- #3 Go to the world-famous Ivar’s Fish Bar and get some yummy clam chowder to go. We got the largest size they sell, the tanker, which with the sourdough bread was plenty for our family to share. If you haven’t had Ivar’s chowder be sure to try it. You will not be disappointed!
- #4 Next, walk towards the ferry and buy tickets for the Bremerton ferry. You only have to pay for one direction even though you will be taking the ferry round trip.
- #5 Hop on board the ferry to Bremerton and enjoy your family dinner cruise!
Pros: Cheap Seattle Dinner Cruise
- This is the kind of boat ride where you don’t have to worry about your kids’ behavior too much. You can let them run wild outside to get their energy out! We raced and played tag
- You will enjoy some of the best views of the Puget Sound.
- Inexpensive – Especially for a boat ride!
Cons: Cheap Seattle Dinner Cruise
- Can be pretty cold outside the ferry.
- This is a commuter ferry so it can be very busy.
- Parking on the waterfront can be difficult to find and expensive.
- Seattle traffic is a nightmare; give yourself plenty of time to get downtown. Here’s a link to the parking prices. In most places if you park after 6PM you won’t have to pay to park.
Travel With Kids Travel Tips: Cheap Seattle Dinner Cruise
- Make sure to save a slice or two of bread to feed the seagulls with. They will come swarming.
- Make sure to go through the right turn style so you get on the right boat. We almost went to Bainbridge Island!
- Layer your clothes so when night falls or rain comes you can still enjoy the ride.