I wanted to do a post that made it easy to follow the trip that got Home Sweet Road started. This is an outline of where we went and what we saw. I will link new posts to this master list as I publish them. Hope you enjoy what I have up so far:)
The Dream is Hatched
Remember we Sold Our House in Kansas City after an unforgettable 5 years of making some of the best friends you could ask for. From there we planned on a whim – and under the influence of a sugar high – to take the real long way to our final destination, in the Boulder, CO area. And that is when the idea of an open ended road trip was birthed.
- We took a One Last Trip to Branson two weeks before our house closed
- Sold a bunch of our stuff – which gave the Boys the seed money for Their First Business
- We Packed Up our Place said goodbye to our dear friends
The Road Trip Begins
- Our Adventure Begins. After dropping our stuff in a Denver storage unit we headed to our first stop in Bozeman, MT.
- From Bozeman we drove to the Seattle area (where we are originally from) to visit our families, attend my brothers wedding and throw my dad his 60th birthday party. We didn’t know when we would be back so we made sure to do lots of fun stuff while we were there.
A Few Highlights from Seattle
- Connecting with my Best Friend & Her Family on their Homestead
- Our Playful Makeshift Seattle “Dinner Criuse”
- Found out what is left of the landscape 20 years after a volcano at Mount Saint Helens
- Explored both Paradise & Sunrise at Mount Rainier
- Flew over to the Museum of Flight
- Took a trip to Seattle’s trademark – Pike Place Market
- Had fun Shopping in Seattle
- Drank Coffee at the Sky High “Secret Starbucks”
- Got hooked up with a Tour a Trident Fishing Trawler
- Created Memories doing some of the Quirkier Things in Seattle
- Made our Best Purchase Yet and Discovered our Very Favorite Family Activity!
Oregon, Northern California & Nevada
- After Saying our Goodbyes to our Families, We Shot South to Crater Lake
- Then on to the Lava Beds in Northeastern California
- Lake Tahoe was our Next Big Stop
- Happened upon a Moment I will Never Forget
- Fell in Love with Grocery Outlet
- Discovered the Junior Ranger Program
- Watched the Salmon Migrate
- Biggie Became a Full Fledged Hero by Saving a Drowning Victim!
Living the Dream in California
- From Lake Tahoe we Drove Through the Basin to Yosemite
- Completely Missed the Redwoods. Twice.
- Became Convinced that I Got Pregnant – by Accident
- Reconnected with Dear Friends in Fresno
- Took Girlr to the Beach for First Time
- Explored Pismo
- Stayed in a Little Danish Town
- Almost got our Hands Bit off Feeding the Ostriches
- Blasted past LA on our way to San Diego
- Almost got Ran Over on our Bikes
- Hit up LEGOLAND & the (Lame) Aquarium – Sorry, not Impressed – Other than Brick-or-Treat, of Coarse
- Toured the Taylor Guitar Factory
- Went to Joshua Tree
On the Road in Arizona
- Seriously LOVED Scottsdale
- Had the Best Enchiladas of our Lives in Sedona
- Went to the Grand Canyon
Oh How I Love Utah
- Enjoyed Zion National Park in Utah
- Hung out in Park City
- Visited Family and had the Best Pizza of my Entire Life [made by my cousin who owns a food truck] – On the heals of Sedona’s enchiladas, it sounds like I’m exaggerating — I’m Not!
- Learned what it Takes to Become an Olympian
- Celebrated Howl-O-Ween in a Dog Lovers Town
- Walked with the Dinosaurs
Colorado is Calling
- Went to Breckenridge
- Took the Kids to Adventures in Odyssey
- Got Equipped for Ski Season
- Wept after Fulfilling a Life Long Dream
- Fell Asleep in the Snow
- Broke My Nose
- Got Medical Attention after Running into a Fence Post (unfortunately unrelated to breaking my nose)
- Hung out in Vail
- Unknowingly Booked the Most Horrendous Accommodations. It was bad my friends!
- Had Turkey from a Green egg
- Fell in love with Beaver Creek
The Road Home
Little did we know that God would throw a wrench in our plans to settle down nestled up to the Rockie Mountains because He had something so much better in store for us. By so much better, I mean, something that we would never have planned for ourselves!!! Funny how life sneaks up on you sometimes.
- Health Issues force us to move back to Seattle
- We crashed my parents house
- After living out of our suitcases for 10 months We Bought a Home and Set Down Roots
Our adventures continue. They may not be full time, but they are full force and full fun! Thanks for going on this journey with us!