Here is your extensive list for any & all carry-on items. Be mindful of the pesky fact that you will indeed be carrying these things for the duration of your trip with child and/or baby in hand. Have mercy!
Bring only what you know you need!
Airplane Carry-On List:
- __ Passport and ID’s
- __ Credit cards, travelers checks, cash (Check the currency exchange rate)
- __ Travel insurance information
- __ Plane tickets
- __ Hotel reservations
- __ Itinerary
- __ Vaccination records (Usually a yellow card given by your doctor)
Bring two outfits for everyone. You never know if your bags will get temporarily lost.
- __ Tops
- __ Bottoms
- __ Undergarments
Baby and Children’s Items:
- __ Diapers and plastic bags for disposal (Bring twice as much as you think you need)
- __ Wipes
- __ Toys and entertainment
*Quiet toys work best! Books, coloring books, movies on a portable player…
- __ Bottle or sippy cup
- __ Formula – Powdered only for your carry on. Otherwise, you must buy it at the airport after security checks you in. (Request a bottle of water for mixing. Never drink the airplanes sink water)
- __ Baby harness for airplane seat if needed (Careful- CARES seems to be the only FFA approved harness at this time)
- __ Their favorite PJ’s so they know it’s bedtime on the plane
- __ Packaged snacks such as cereal and fruit snacks
- __ Their comfort blanket, stuffed animal, toy
- __ Medicine (Don’t check this in just in case the bags get lost)
- __ Camera and other electronics (Don’t take the risk of checking them in)
- __ Travel guidebook- You can read it on your flight!
- __ Jackets or sarong/blanket- Planes often get cold
Important points to consider:
- It’s important to be careful with what liquids you are allowed to bring on the plane. Check out TSA’s website for their official rules. http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items
- Don’t bring snacks that will make a mess or cause someone nearby any discomfort- A peanut butter snack can cause someone’s allergies to go haywire!
HAVE YOU HEARD??? David and I just launched our new blog StrongLuv and we are over there doing experiments to strengthen our Marriage, Family, and Community and working hard at creating resources for those of you who want to strengthen your important relationships. I hope you’ll connect with us over there and join us in a little LUVolution. If you’re intrigued, you can learn about the Relationship Experiments here.