If you’re the type of family that wants to find ways to live intentionally and make lasting memories while you travel and in your everyday life, but don’t have the time or resources to pull it off, you are in the right place! Here you will find tips and tricks on all things family life & travel.
It is my goal to fill Home Sweet Road with resources that will strengthen your family and help you connect to the world and each other in new and meaningful ways. Whether it’s through decorating your home with things you’ve made together, creating new family traditions, or discovering far away lands – I hope this space serves as inspiration for you to live passionately and love extravagantly every single day!
While we love adventure we have not always made it a top priority. We changed all of that in the summer of 2012 by selling our home in Kansas City, putting our belongings in storage, and hitting the road for an open ended road trip. (How a Krispy Kreme Donut Changed Our Lives explains what got into us!)
Our kids crave the outdoors and are thrill seekers like their mama. They are full of energy and love the mountains like their daddy. Our extended road trip gave us a huge dose of what we were longing for and left us bitten by the travel bug in a BIG way.
While we are not currently on the road full time as we once were, we are committed to exploring the world as a family whether in our own back yard, here in the Pacific Northwest, or all the way across the globe! We hope this blog inspires you in some small way to do the same!
- The Man – Sometimes I affectionately refer to David as ‘The Man’ because, well, he’s my main squeeze and I think he’s great. He is fun to adventure with, dream with, build with, and experience the ups and downs of life with. He has every bit of my heart!
- Adventure Girl – Yep, that’s me. David likes to call me that. Pretty much up for anything that will get my adrenaline pumping. I am an introvert but you wouldn’t know that if you met me. I LOVE people.
- E – My sister started calling our oldest son, Elijah, “E” and it just stuck. Full of tenacity and conviction E has lots of fire and faces life head on. I love his fearless nature.
- Biggie/Biggs – Judah had huge lips when he was born garnering him the nickname. He has a very active imagination and is marked by his loyalty, kindness and joy. We also call him “Joyful Judah!”
- Girlr – Judah had a hard time with his r’s when Justice was born. He would call her Girlr and it was so cute we just went with it. She is full of spice and has a mind of her own but is quite compassionate too. Having a little girl after two boys is so much FUN!
Thanks for joining us on our journey as we discover different parts of the country and interact with each other and the world in new and exciting ways, I’m so glad you’re here!